2018-19 Fellows

Category Archives: 2018-19 Fellows

“All of it is a code anyway”: Augmenting a Literary Web for Almanac of the Dead (Evan Young, 2018-2019 Digital Humanities Undergrad Fellow)

Evan Young/ September 10, 2019/ 0 comments

By Evan Young, Amherst College It’s June 12, 2019. I’m writing this blog post from Boulder, Colorado, where I’m visiting family for just over a week. Soon I’ll be moving into my apartment in Amherst to start my Post-Baccalaureate position at Five College BL/DH. I’m excited to be staying on until June 2020; it will be wonderful to support the…

Les Clefs de Chez Moi: Queer Home and Home-Making in Modern Paris (Ray Van Huizen & Ella Martin-Gachot, 2018-2019 Digital Humanities Undergrad Fellows)

By Ray Van Huizen and Ella Martin-Gachot, Smith College Check out Ray and Ella’s project site at https://lesclefsdechezmoi.5colldh.org/. Ray: I learned a lot while working on the Five College Digital Humanities Undergraduate Fellowship. I learned about new software, about website design, about geographic information systems (GIS). I learned about knowing when to ask for help and advice. But most of all, I learned…

Bad Books: An Exploration of Censorship (Kendall Futrell, 2018-2019 Digital Humanities Undergrad Fellow)

By Kendall Futrell, Smith College After a semester I have finally finished the project I started in January — Bad Books: An Exploration of Censorship! It is a digital exhibit, which you can check out here: https://badbooks.5colldh.org (it’s a .org, I feel so cool). The project is meant to showcase censorship and the many different ways it can look. I knew when…

Ideas Workshop

Evan Young/ October 11, 2018/ 0 comments

Working on your ideas for the Digital Humanities Undergraduate Fellowship? Join us at our Ideas Workshop to discuss your vision and questions with other students and the 5collDH team. The Workshop will be in 546 Herter Hall at UMass at 5pm on October 30th. To get you inspired, here are a few of our past projects: Uncovering a New England…